How do I start a support action in DRS?

As part of the federal child support program, DRS provides assistance to a person who wishes to file a support action against a parent. This free service is provided on a first come, first served basis and no appointment is needed. Support actions may also be submitted to DRS by filing electronically through the PA Child Support Website

Appointments may be needed for clients who need to file the support action to another state. Whether you start the process online or by coming into the office, DRS employees will confirm the information and request any additional information, if necessary. DRS will also accept and file support complaints which have been prepared by your attorney.

Show All Answers

1. What is support?
2. How do I start a support action in DRS?
3. What do I bring with me when I want to open a support case?
4. What happens during a support conference?
5. What is a recommended order?
6. Can a support order be modified?
7. How are payments made under a support order?
8. What fees are charged?
9. What services are available to the plaintiff / obligee?
10. What services are available to the defendant / obligor?
11. What if the defendant / obligor does not live in Lancaster County?
12. How do I contact Lancaster County Domestic Relations?
13. Do you have interpreters available?
14. Can I participate in the conference / hearing by telephone?
15. How Do I get certification of overdue support obligations?
16. I receive support, how do I close my case?