What if I bounce a check for my fines, court costs restitution?
Upon receiving information from the financial institution that the check will not be honored, the check writer will receive a notice from the Collections Enforcement Unit. This notice will advise the check writer that the account for which they were trying to pay on will be assessed a $35 returned check fee. The check writer will have ten days to make the check good, including payment of the returned check fee. Future personal checks will not be honored on the account. Individuals who fail to comply with the notice will be referred to the Lancaster County District Attorney’s Office for criminal prosecution.

Show All Answers

1. How do I find out how much I owe in fines, court costs, and restitution?
2. Why do I have to pay fines, court costs, and restitution?
3. How do I make payments on my balance?
4. When should I begin to make payments?
5. What will happen if I do not make payments as directed?
6. If I am in jail, what happens to the payment plan?
7. What if I move or change employment?
8. If I am unable to comply with my payment plan due to medical reasons, what should I do?
9. What is an Administrative fee?
10. What is a Supervision fee?
11. If I am ordered to receive court ordered restitution but have not been receiving it, who do I contact?
12. What if I bounce a check for my fines, court costs restitution?
13. What is a Judgment?
14. How do I get detailed copies of all my case balances or payments made to date?